Iain Bourne of the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) spoke last week with Cordery lawyer, Jonathan Armstrong in an exclusive webinar giving an inside view of the current state of play with data protection in the UK & in Europe.
Iain is the Group Manager – Policy Delivery for the UK’s data privacy regulator, the ICO. There is a wide ranging discussion on today’s burning data protection issues including:-
- International transfers of data after the Schrems case
- Security breaches & what the ICO requires companies to do to be safe
- Brexit and the role of the ICO in the EU regime now and after 2019
- Higher fines under GDPR and how the ICO will assess them
- How organisations can cope with the rising tide of Subject Access Requests & how the ICO enforces the law in this area
- The right to be forgotten and whether bad people are abusing the new right
- Children and age verification
- GDPR & the plans the ICO has for enforcement
- The new Information Commissioner and what her agenda will be for data protection
- The role of the ICO as a one-stop-shop in the new GDPR regime
- Lessons for GDPR enforcement from the Netherlands and other data protection authorities
It is a lively and engaging chat between the two of them with over an hour of discussion and debate. The webinar is available to view here. Clients of Cordery can secure a 10% discount by contacting Mark Dyke.
Jonathan Armstrong is a lawyer with Cordery in London where his focus is on compliance issues.
Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784