In this edition of TechLaw10 Cordery’s Jonathan Armstrong talks to Professor Eric Sinrod from his home in California. They look at the enforcement of data protection & privacy law in the US and in the EU. The questions they consider include:
- Is CCPA in California being enforced?
- What does CCPA require?
- Does CCPA have extra-territorial reach?
- What is causing the rise in CCPA litigation
- Which industries are seeing the most cases?
- What is the average CCPA settlement?
- Is GDPR in the EU & UK being enforced?
- Which EU data protection regulators are the most active?
- How are class actions fairing in Europe?
- How is data protection law changing the world of advertising?
Jonathan and Eric both look at the latest statistics on enforcement activity and also look to the future.
You can listen to earlier TechLaw10 audio podcasts with Eric and Jonathan at www.techlaw10.com
You can find out more about Eric here at Duane Morris LLP https://www.duanemorris.com/attorneys/ericjsinrod.html and more about Jonathan here https://www.corderycompliance.com/our-people/jonathan-armstrong/
You can view more Cordery Head to Head interviews here http://bit.ly/corderytv.
TechLaw10 is a 10-minute audio podcast update from U.S. lawyer Eric Sinrod (Duane Morris) and UK lawyer Jonathan Armstrong (Cordery) where they share insights on developments where technology intersects with the law in the EU and the U.S. These well-known commentators are sought out in the media for their opinions on breaking news and developing trends. Whether you are in North America or Europe, now you can hear directly from them regarding the latest technology issues at home and across the pond.