In this edition of TechLaw10 Cordery’s Jonathan Armstrong talks to Professor Eric Sinrod from his home in California. They talk about personal liability for tech issues & tech failures. How will this play in the world of AI?
The topics include:
- what do the cases of Joe Sullivan & Carlos Abarca tell us about personal liability?
- why do ambitious LinkedIn profiles lead to risk?
- are there any wider lessons from the spat between Nigel Farage & Dame Alison Marie Rose-Slade on NatWest?
- could the Horizon investigation & other scandals lead to greater regulation of lawyers when it comes to tech issues?
- the formation of the New York State Bar Association Task Force on AI
- where data breaches might lead to personal liability & what CISOs and others should do to protect themselves
- what guidance has been given in France about the adoption of AI?
Eric talks about an interview with Jonathan by ISMG. You can watch that here https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/liability-trends-shift-in-cybersecurity-prosecutions-a-23287
Jonathan talked about the Relativity conference in Chicago. You can read some highlights from that event here https://www.relativity.com/blog/the-best-of-relativity-fest-2023-some-of-our-favorite-commentary
You can listen to earlier TechLaw10 audio podcasts with Eric and Jonathan including wider discussions about AI at www.techlaw10.com.
You can find out more about Eric here at Duane Morris LLP https://www.duanemorris.com/attorneys/ericjsinrod.html and more about Jonathan here https://www.corderycompliance.com/our-people/jonathan-armstrong/
You can view more Cordery interviews here http://bit.ly/corderytv.
TechLaw10 is a 10-minute audio podcast update from U.S. lawyer Eric Sinrod (Duane Morris) and UK lawyer Jonathan Armstrong (Cordery) where they share insights on developments where technology intersects with the law in the EU and the U.S. These well-known commentators are sought out in the media for their opinions on breaking news and developing trends. Whether you are in North America or Europe, now you can hear directly from them regarding the latest technology issues at home and across the pond.