Our data protection registration and renewal solution will take the strain from registering with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and dealing with renewals and queries.
- Register your Company with the ICO
- Manage the renewal process
- Manage enquiries from the ICO
- Additional services
Your obligation to register with the ICO
The UK’s data protection law requires every data controller (including most corporations with a presence in the UK) who processes personal information to register with the ICO unless they are exempt. This obligation to register in the UK continues despite the coming into force of GDPR.
Cordery can register your Company with the ICO and advise you on the registration process. Once the registration has been completed, we will check the details thoroughly and report back to you. If you already have a registration then we’ll review it with you and consider if it should be extended. In most cases we’ll do this for an easy to understand fixed fee.
Manage the renewal process
Each registration with the ICO is only effective for 12 months and so if you’re still handling data at the end of the year you mustn’t delay your renewal. Ensure that your Company doesn’t break the law by failing to be registered. Cordery can ask the ICO to provide notification of your Company’s renewal to us so we can manage this process for you. Our electronic diary management systems mean that we don’t miss a renewal.
We’ll manage the renewal process for a fixed fee plus the renewal fee which varies from £40 – £2,900 depending on your size.
Manage enquiries from the ICO
We can be the main point of contact for enquiries from the ICO to ensure that they are handled efficiently and thoroughly. We can also help you deal with requests from other people about the data you hold.
Registering with the ICO is just one of the many steps you need to stay the right side of the law. Cordery can also help you with:
- data breach planning, practice and response;
- reviewing your website’s terms and conditions;
- training your staff;
- reviewing your Company’s data protection compliance;
- reviewing your cookie usage using specialist software;
- reviewing or writing your cookie use policy; and
- putting a plan together when things go wrong. We can help you approach a data protection authority (DPA) or support you if the DPA comes to you. We can help you make your case and make representations to mitigate or avoid a fine.
In an emergency our service is available for 24/7/365. You will be assigned three experienced data protection lawyers who know your organisation and are on call to help.
Get in touch here for more details. We have a range of flexible fee options including a fixed monthly fee service. Click here for more information about Cordery’s Data Protection & Privacy practice.