For some time now at Cordery we’ve been helping clients with international personal data transfers.
Here is one of our films that explains some of the issues frequently encountered with international data transfers:
A session with the Cordery Data Transfers Clinic will help you plan the way forward to be compliant – and yes we will look at the post-Brexit situation too!
The core service consists of a 1-hour call with one of our team where we will go through what you need to know and recommendations for what you should do next.
To get the maximum benefit from the clinic, do have a think about the answers to these questions (we don’t need final answers, we can talk about this on the call too):
- Are you a data controller or processor (or a sub-processor)?
- Are you intending to transfer customer and/or employee data?
- To which country or countries are you intending to make the data transfer?
- Have you checked out the organisation to whom you intend to make the data transfer?
- How are you telling people about how their data will be transferred?
- Are you using any existing data transfer mechanisms?
- Are you being asked by a customer or a vendor about your data transfer arrangements?
The cost of the Data Transfers Clinic core service call is £500.
You can read about international data transfers issues in our alerts here https://www.corderycompliance.com/category/data-protection-privacy/.
Helping clients with their compliance is at the heart of what we do at Cordery.
Cordery’s Jonathan Armstrong and André Bywater have many years of experience of dealing with international data transfers both pre- and post-GDPR.
At Cordery we’re steeped in this world and happy to bring our understanding and expertise to your business. With us you get practical and risk-focused advice.
We can also help with other aspects of international data transfers on a pay as you go basis. That could include advice and assistance with:
- The new Standard Contractual Clauses (also called Model Terms)
- Binding Corporate Rules (for intra-group corporate transfers)
- Other ways to transfer data
- Your due diligence and
For the new EU Standard Contractual Clauses we can draft the following for you:
- any of the five types of model clauses including: controller-to-processor model clauses; controller-to-controller model clauses; and, processor-to-processor model clauses;
- a country questionnaire; a vendors questionnaire; and, guidance document about completing the questionnaires.
Get in touch!
To arrange your Data Transfers Clinic session contact:
André Bywater on +44 (0)7775 788 795 (mobile) or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Armstrong on +44 (0) 207 075 1784 or via email email@example.com