Cordery Lawyers André Bywater and Jonathan Armstrong will be speaking at a web-conference organized by the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE) on Tuesday 10 March 2015 at 18:00 GMT on the importance of doing thorough checks on business partners.
Jonathan and André will be joined by Candice Tal. Candice is the CEO of Infortal Worldwide, a global security and investigations company founded in 1985. Infortal is a leader in global security and risk management investigations for M&A and FCPA compliance with a global network of over 800 security specialists.
The main points covered will be:-
- The importance of understanding third party risk;
- Recent anti-bribery cases including under the UK Bribery Act 2010 which increase a companies responsibility for its third parties;
- Compliance issues in high risk, high growth markets;
- How the current changes in the sanctions regime increase the need for due diligence;
- Specific challenges; sanctions, privacy, changing regulatory landscapes in regions such as China, Russia, Middle East and Brazil;
- When & how do you “safely” take business risks? Risk mitigation and risk management strategies,