Jonathan Armstrong and Tom Fox return for another episode of Life with GDPR. In this episode, consider the recently announced EU/US resolution to allow data transfer from the EU to the United States through the mechanism of Privacy Shield 3. Some of the issues we consider include:
- Is it Déjà vu all over again?
- What about consent and standard contractual clauses as a basis for data transfer?
- What was the court’s ruling?
- Why will double due diligence be required going forward?
- What about the UK?
- What does Max Shrems have to say?
You can listen to the podcast here: http://compliancepodcastnetwork.net/privacy-shield-3/
Check out the Cordery Compliance client alert on this topic; click https://www.corderycompliance.com/datatransfer-eutous/
For more information please contact Jonathan Armstrong who is a lawyer with Cordery in London where his focus is on compliance issues.
|Jonathan Armstrong, Cordery, Lexis House,
30 Farringdon Street, London EC4A 4HH
T: +44 (0)20 7075 1785