In this episode Jonathan Armstrong and Tom Fox discuss issues relating to data privacy, data protection and GDPR.
They consider the recent decision by the UK Supreme Court in the Morrisons case.
Some of the highlights are:
- What were the background facts of the case and the trial court ruling?
- What did the UK Supreme Court rule?
- Does the Supreme Court ruling leave the door open for subsequent class actions?
- What are the differences between primary liability and vicarious liability?
- What steps should a company take in response to the Morrisons ruling?
- What does all of this mean for US companies trying to get data out of the UK and EU?
You can read more about this action in our alert here: https://www.corderycompliance.com/uk-court-of-appeal-ruling-in-morrisons-vicarious-liability-case/
For more information please contact Jonathan Armstrong who is a lawyer with Cordery in London where his focus is on compliance issues.
|Jonathan Armstrong, Cordery, Lexis House,
30 Farringdon Street, London EC4A 4HH
T: +44 (0)20 7075 1784