In this episode Jonathan Armstrong and Tom Fox discuss issues relating to data privacy, data protection and GDPR.
They review the recent decision by the Belgian Data Protection Authority which imposed a fine of €50,000 on an un-named organization for non-compliance with the GDPR conflict of interest requirement in the selection of its Data Protection Officer.
Some of the highlights are:
- What were the issues and interests involved in this case?
- What are the requirements for a DPO under GDPR?
- How and why was the company ‘seriously negligent’?
- What are the implications going forward?
- What is this decision’s precedential value?
- How much expertise, authority and autonomy must a DPO have going forward?
For further details, the client alert on this case can be found here.
For information regarding GDPR Navigator, one of the top resources for GDPR Compliance, click here.
For more information please contact Jonathan Armstrong who is a lawyer with Cordery in London where his focus is on compliance issues.
|Jonathan Armstrong, Cordery, Lexis House,
30 Farringdon Street, London EC4A 4HH
T: +44 (0)20 7075 1784