In this episode Jonathan Armstrong and Tom Fox discuss issues relating to data privacy, data protection and GDPR.
Today they consider the intersection of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and data privacy.
Some of the highlights are:
- CCTV is everywhere in the UK. Why is a DPIA so critical in GDPR compliance around this issue?
- What about the safety implications for CCTV?
- What about Subject Access Requests?
- Transparency is critical. This means full notice to all employees.
- What should be your retention policy?
You can read more about using CCTV on Business Premises in our post ‘Zooming in on Data Protection’ here: https://www.corderycompliance.com/client-alert-using-cctv-on-business-premises-dp-implications/
For more on DPIAs, have a look at our recent article and film ‘The Facebook Case & How to do Data Protection Impact Assessments under GDPR’ here: https://www.corderycompliance.com/fb-case-and-how-to-do-dpia-under-gdpr/
For more information please contact Jonathan Armstrong who is a lawyer with Cordery in London where his focus is on compliance issues.
|Jonathan Armstrong, Cordery, Lexis House,
30 Farringdon Street, London EC4A 4HH
T: +44 (0)20 7075 1784