In this topical episode of Cordery Head to Head Cordery’s Jonathan Armstrong talks to Daragh O Brien on the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) data breach and its ramifications.
Daragh is Managing Director of Castlebridge. He has been a pioneer in the field of information management for over two decades. In 2019 he was recognised by the All-Ireland Business Foundation as a Thought Leader in Governance, Strategy, and Ethics for Information. He a regular presenter and trainer at conferences worldwide and is much sought-after by Irish media for his expertise in data law, regulatory affairs and information ethics.
- what happened in the PSNI breach
- why the technology used did not work
- the concept of reverse marginal gains in data incidents
- the lessons to be learned for other organisations
- the likely litigation after the breach
- how data breaches can have an impact on employees & recruitment
- what the lasting consequences might be
There is more background to the incident here https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/northern-ireland-police-data-leak/.
You can find out more about Daragh here https://castlebridge.ie/team/daragh-o-brien/
You can find out more about Jonathan here https://www.corderycompliance.com/our-people/jonathan-armstrong/
You can view more Cordery films on a variety of compliance topics here http://bit.ly/corderytv.
The film was made on 15 August 2024.