Jonathan Armstrong joined the ISMG online panel recently to discuss the compliance lessons learned from the first two years of GDPR. The panel was hosted by Broadcaster Anna Delaney, the Director of Productions at ISMG. Jonathan joined Kelsey Finch of The Future of Privacy Forum and David Dumont of Hunton Andrews Kurth to discuss a wide range of topics.
Jonathan gave a frank assessment of the performance of data protection authorities in the first two years of GDPR and looked at some of the unkept promises that those promoting GDPR had made. The panel also looked at:
- The variations in enforcement across the EU
- The rise in subject access rights
- The issues of AI, facial recognition and other technologies
- The rise of data protection class actions
- The inconsistencies across the EU in interpretation of the legislation
- The gaps in GDPR and areas for possible improvement
You can watch the discussion here
For more information please contact Jonathan Armstrong or André Bywater who are lawyers with Cordery in London where their focus is on compliance issues.
|Jonathan Armstrong, Cordery, Lexis House, 30 Farringdon Street, London, EC4A 4HH||André Bywater, Cordery, Lexis House, 30 Farringdon Street, London, EC4A 4HH|
|Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784||Office: +44 (0)207 075 1785|