Jonathan Armstrong joins leading compliance experts in the US again in the latest Everything Compliance podcast hosted by the Compliance Evangelist Tom Fox.
In this episode of Everything Compliance, Matt Kelly, Mike Volkov, Jonathan Armstrong, Jonathan Marks and Tom Fox take a deep dive into what compliance may look like under the Biden Administration.
- Mike Volkov considers the appointments of Merrick Garland to be Attorney General and Lisa Monaco as Biden’s Homeland Security head and how they will work to clean up the disastrous mess left by the prior Administration. He asks how will Merrick Garland repair the damage to the Justice Department wrought by the Trump Administration.
- Jonathan Armstrong considers what the new Administration might mean for the current British PM and his Administration. Jonathan gives his observations on the antipathy of Boris Johnson towards President Biden and how that may influence a closer relationship between the US and EU.
- Matt Kelly considers the Biden Administration appointments at the SEC, CFPB and OCC and how their philosophies on enforcement will impact compliance. He says compliance will have a much greater role with the increased enforcement by the Biden Administration.
- Jonathan Marks looks at FBI and other enforcement agencies renewed vigor in investigating fraud, particularly around PPP and PPE. He predicts a renewed emphasis on internal controls in enforcement actions under the Biden Administration.
Rants and shout outs
- Mike Volkov shouts out the Biden Inauguration Celebration and especially the 3 former Presidents remarks.
- Jonathan Armstrong rants about the renewed UK lockdown and how idiots are still not getting the need for it.
- Matt Kelly rants about the second-class citizenship created when CCOs have to report to GCs.
- Jonathan Marks shouts out to Amanda Gorman for her stirring poetry at the Biden Inauguration.
- Tom Fox has a bittersweet shout out to one of his childhood heroes, Hank Aaron who died last week.
Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784