Jonathan Armstrong joins leading compliance experts in the US again in the latest Everything Compliance podcast hosted by the Compliance Evangelist Tom Fox.
In this episode of Everything Compliance, Tom Fox, Matt Kelly, Jonathan Armstrong, and Jonathan Marks come together to review the events of January 6 from a variety of angles including; the Business Response, the Compliance Response, Congressional investigation into the police response, Removal of Trump by Impeachment, the view from abroad and ask, can American come back?
- Jonathan Armstrong talks about the role of social media companies in removing users who advocate violence and foment insurrection. Jonathan gives his observations on January 6 from ‘across the pond’ and more.
- Matt Kelly looks at how the events of January 6 will make the job of a compliance professional more difficult in 2021. He asks what will be compliance policy challenges going forward when a good portion of the population supports the violent overthrow of the US government?
- Tom Fox reviews the US business embrace of the Trump Administration and where it all led. He asks when business leaders who supported the Trump Administration will be called out by their stakeholders.
- Jonathan Marks looks at the January 6 insurrection and asks what lessons can corporations learn about crisis management. He says any crisis management plan requires a risk assessment and wonders why there was not one performed.
Rants and shout outs
- Jonathan Armstrong shouts to the Capitol Police officer who was killed in the insurrection of January 6 and the five UK police officers who died in the line of duty in 2020.
- Matt Kelly shouts out to Simon & Schuster for cancelling the book contact for Josh Hawley and rants at Hawley complaining that a private company impinged on his 1st Amendment rights..
- Tom Fox rants about Texas Senator Ted Cruz who was fundraising during the attack on the Congress of January 6.
- Jonathan Marks rants about the Philadelphia Eagles’ (now fired) coach and his tanking the final game of the season.
Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784