Jonathan Armstrong joins leading compliance experts in the US again in the latest Everything Compliance podcast hosted by the Compliance Evangelist Tom Fox.
In this episode of Everything Compliance, Matt Kelly, Jay Rosen, Jonathan Armstrong, Mike Volkov and Jonathan Marks come together for a deep dive into plethora of topics in this special holiday edition. We end with a veritable mélange of rants and shouts outs.
- Jay Rosen Jay Rosen looks at what a company needs to do to get through a monitorship. He believes many companies incorrectly see an independent integrity monitor as an extension of the government.
- Jonathan Armstrong discusses data privacy issues related return to work in the New Year after most employees spent 2020 working from home. Working from Home presented one set of data protection/data privacy issues. How will they be different from those posed by Return to Work?
- Matt Kelly considers what might be the differences in regulatory enforcement and policy under the Biden Administration and reviews who might chair the SCE, CFTC, CFPB and PCAOB.
- Mike Volkov looks at the Vitol FCPA settlement and how it may portend greater inter-agency cooperation in corruption and anti-competitive enforcement actions. He speculates that the Vitol DOJ and CFTC enforcement action may portend greater and more robust enforcement under the Biden Administration.
- Jonathan Marks looks at Board of Directors and sees the Dunning-Kruger Effect of over confidence and lack of self-awareness in many areas of corporate governance. He argues that you need to put human factors into Risk Assessments and not simply look at numbers.
Rants and shout outs
- Jay Rosen rants about the San Francisco 49ers leaving California to play in one of the country’s biggest Covid-19 hot spots, Arizona.
- Jonathan Armstrong Jonathan Armstrong shouts out Armstrong shouts out the scientist who spearheaded the research which has led to the Covid vaccines.
- Matt Kelly shouts out to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger who has withstood criminal actions by the Trump Administration to secure a fair vote from Georgia.
- Mike Volkov rants about Gary Cohen, former head of Goldman Sachs and his refusal to allow the Goldman mandated clawbacks for the firm’s 1MDB.
- Jonathan Marks rants about the NLF not giving a flip about player safety around Covid-19 all the while moving games without any thought to competition.
You can read more about Return to Work in our alert here: https://www.corderycompliance.com/rtw-during-cv-health-testing-and-dp/
Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784