Jonathan Armstrong joins leading compliance experts in the US again in the latest Everything Compliance podcast hosted by the Compliance Evangelist Tom Fox.
Today, Jonathan and Tom are joined by Jay Rosen, Matt Kelly, Jonathan Marks and Mike Volkov to discuss a variety of issues. They end with the customary rants and shouts outs.
- Jonathan Armstrong critiques the recent Aven decision which every compliance practitioner needs to be cognizant of going forward.
- Jay Rosen considers recent criminal charges brought by the DOJ and the first Opinion Release in 6 years.
- Matt Kelly considers the actions by the Postal Service executives to reduce the size of US mail service leading up to the election, from the compliance perspective.
- Mike Volkov reviews the Business Roundtable’s Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation at the one-year anniversary of its release.
- Jonathan Marks considers the IIA for beginning the discussion to reconfigure its 3 Lines of Defence but says it does not go far enough.
- Tom Fox shouts out to the employees of the German regulator BaFin who set up an investment pool for Wirecard, a company they were allegedly regulating.
- Jonathan Armstrong shouts out Abache Tundy, a Nigerian astronaut stranded on the Moon, who is attempting to Crowd Source a rescue mission home..
- Jay Rosen rants about the Facebook plan to fight Trump’s fake news posting, which he believes is over 3.5 years too late.
- Matt Kelly rants about Curt Schilling and his ill-advised business decisions off the field.
- Mike Volkov shouts out to Steve Bannon, who is looking at 51-63 months of jail time for fraud.
- Jonathan Marks rants about the unfairness of the criminal justice system, focusing on the Lori Laughlin sentence.
You can read more about the Aven case here: https://www.corderycompliance.com/aven-v-orbis-compensation-awards/
Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784