Jonathan Armstrong joins leading compliance experts in the US again in the latest Everything Compliance podcast hosted by the Compliance Evangelist Tom Fox.
Today, Jonathan and Tom are joined by Jay Rosen, Matt Kelly, Jonathan Marks and Mike Volkov to discuss a variety of issues. They end with the customary rants and shouts outs.
- Jonathan Armstrong critiques the recent SFO conviction of two former Unaoil employees and the controversary the SFO and its Director, Lisa Osofsky now find themselves in regarding their conduct.
- Jay Rosen considers telemedicine in the time of Covid-19. What does it mean for the practice of medicine? What are the compliance issues involved?
- Matt Kelly looks at two recent US domestic corruption cases; one in Illinois involving ComEd and one in Ohio involving the Speaker of the Ohio House of Representatives.
- Mike Volkov looks at two recent OFAC enforcement actions. One involved Amazon and defective tracing software. The second Essentra, doing business with North Korea and shell companies. He draws out the lessons learned from both cases.
- Jonathan Marks considers parallels he has observed in the development of the compliance profession from those he lived through in the Internal Audit world after Enron and WorldCom.
- Jonathan Armstrong shouts out to the West Indies cricket team for traveling to the UK to play.
- Jay Rosen rants about the Trump Administration targeting surveillance on journalists in Portland and across the country.
- Matt Kelly shouts out to Rebecca Jones the former Florida state employee who left the government to start her own public record of Covid-19 in Florida when the state stopped reporting on it.
- Mike Volkov shouts out to podcasters and the podcasting community for getting their messages out.
- Jonathan Marks shouts out to the IIA for beginning the discussion to reconfigure its 3 Lines of Defence but chides them for not going far enough.
- Tom Fox rants about those attacking fellow Buffalo Wing addicts.
Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784