In this edition of TechLaw10 Cordery’s Jonathan Armstrong talks to Professor Eric Sinrod from his home in California. They go through their traditional annual Techlaw predictions.
This edition was recorded before Russia’s attacks on Ukraine – Jonathan mentions the threat in the film and touches on some of the consequences.
The topics they discuss (together with some additional resources) include:
- Cryptocurrency – Ransomware – https://www.corderycompliance.com/ransomware-pay-or-not/
- Cybersecurity – https://www.corderycompliance.com/data-breaches-and-transparency/
- Data breach litigation – https://www.corderycompliance.com/episode-271-techlaw10-legal-class-actions-us-europe/
- AI – https://www.corderycompliance.com/clearview-to-close-oz-ops/
- GDPR rise in enforcement – https://www.corderycompliance.com/data-protection-day-armstrong-obrien/
- Online political polarisation
- The rise in employee dissatisfaction, the TechLaw effects of The Great Resignation & whistleblowing
- Immunity for online services providers, disinformation & Joe Rogan
- The TechLaw effects of war & data residency
The song which is the subject of Eric’s quiz question at the end is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmNXzMw69zI
You can listen to earlier TechLaw10 audio podcasts with Eric and Jonathan at www.techlaw10.com.
You can find out more about Eric here at Duane Morris LLP https://www.duanemorris.com/attorneys/ericjsinrod.html and more about Jonathan here https://www.corderycompliance.com/our-people/jonathan-armstrong/.
You can view more Cordery Head to Head interviews here http://bit.ly/corderytv.
TechLaw10 is a 10-minute audio podcast update from U.S. lawyer Eric Sinrod (Duane Morris) and UK lawyer Jonathan Armstrong (Cordery) where they share insights on developments where technology intersects with the law in the EU and the U.S. These well-known commentators are sought out in the media for their opinions on breaking news and developing trends. Whether you are in North America or Europe, now you can hear directly from them regarding the latest technology issues at home and across the pond.