In this edition of Cordery Head to Head @ Home Cordery’s Jonathan Armstrong talks to Professor Eric Sinrod from his home in California.
It’s an end of year review recorded on 14 December 2020 where they talk about the top 5 TechLaw events of 2020 covering issues in the US and in Europe. It is a subjective list in the style of Eric and Jonathan’s previous TechLaw10 end of year summaries (here www.techlaw10.com)
- techlaw issues arising from the pandemic – some of which are covered here bit.ly/gdprvirus
- the Schrems litigation and the collapse of Privacy Shield – https://bit.ly/pshielddead
- the recent US Presidential Elections and the changing role of social media in elections
- the H&M GDPR fine in Germany – https://bit.ly/hamburgfine
- the challenges of regulating tech giants and the chances of Facebook and other big-tech operations being broken up.
You can listen to earlier TechLaw10 audio podcasts with Eric and Jonathan at http://www.techlaw10.com/
You can find out more about Eric here:
and more about Jonathan here:
You can view more Cordery Head to Head interviews here: www.bit.ly/corderytv
You can hear the Meatloaf song referenced here https://bit.ly/23notbad
TechLaw10 is a 10-minute audio podcast update from U.S. lawyer Eric Sinrod (Duane Morris) and UK lawyer Jonathan Armstrong (Cordery) where they share insights on developments where technology intersects with the law in the EU and the U.S. These well-known commentators are sought out in the media for their opinions on breaking news and developing trends. Whether you are in North America or Europe, now you can hear directly from them regarding the latest technology issues at home and across the pond.