TechLaw 10 hosts Jonathan Armstrong and Eric Sinrod discuss legal issues related to information technology. In this episode, Jonathan and Eric make predictions for 2017 in tech law which include:-
- greater issues with cyber security and cyber warfare;
- increased issues around Big Data, and in particular Regulators trying to join together to police users of Big Data;
- increasing issues with the use of Social Media;
- issues with “fake news” and the inability of the mainstream media sometimes to deal with false stories and rumours;
- rising regulatory action with the entering into force of GDPR in 2018, the issues with Privacy Shield and the increased willingness of privacy Regulators to investigate.
TechLaw10 is a 10-minute audio podcast update from U.S. lawyer Eric Sinrod (Duane Morris) and UK lawyer Jonathan Armstrong (Cordery) where they share insights on developments where technology intersects with the law in the EU and the U.S. These well-known commentators are sought out in the media for their opinions on breaking news and developing trends. Whether you are in North America or Europe, now you can hear directly from them regarding the latest technology issues at home and across the pond.