Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance.
In this episode, we have the sextet of Karen Woody, Jonathan Armstrong, Jonathan Marks, Matt Kelly and Jay Rosen, with host Tom Fox also weighing in.
The team discuss their favourite story of 2021. They end with a veritable mélange of shouts outs and rants.
You can listen to the podcast here http://compliancepodcastnetwork.net/episode-91-the-year-end-review-edition/
- Karen Woody reviews the increase in SEC enforcement that the regulators have told us throughout the year that is coming.
- Karen shouts out to starting early Emmy buzz for Ted Lasso.
- Jay Rosen reviews the Activision imbroglio from the missteps of the CCO to the disseminations of the CEO.
- Rosen shouts out to civility.
- Matt Kelly reviews the latest iteration of ransomware attacks and contrasts it with data privacy breaches from the past.
- Kelly shouts out to the NJ sandwich shop Hometown International, which with $35K in annual sales resulting in a $100MM market cap evaluation.
- Jonathan Armstrong goes back to consider the long running soap opera, saga and story that is Carlos Ghosn and Nissan.
- Armstrong shouts out to those who show true leadership in a crisis and the Spirit of Christmas.
- Jonathan Marks reviews the increase Caremark duties for Boards of Directors coming out of the Delaware courts.
- Marks expands on his rant about Hall of Fame horse trainer Bob Blaffert.
- Tom Fox reviews the year in ESG and why compliance is the most well-suited corporate function to lead a corporate ESG effort.
- Fox shouts out to John Lee Dumas, who as a college senior on 9/11, knew that night he was going to war, and to all the men and women who served in combat in America’s 20-year war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The members of the Everything Compliance team are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Karen Woody– One of the top academic experts on the SEC. Woody can be reached at email@example.com
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Armstrong–is our UK colleague, who is an experienced data privacy/data protection lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Marks is Partner, Firm Practice Leader – Global Forensic, Compliance & Integrity Services at Baker Tilly. Marks can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The host and producer, ranter (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Voice of Compliance. He can be reached at email@example.com. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network.
Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784