Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance.
The entire team is thrilled to be honoured by W3 as a top talk show in podcasting.
In the context of several different stories, the full team gives their individual takes on the recent speech by Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco announcing a shift in enforcement focus by the DOJ.
We end as usual with the shout outs and rants.
You can listen to the podcast here http://compliancepodcastnetwork.net/episode-89-the-changes-coming-edition/
- Jonathan Armstrong takes a look at the speech from the UK perspective and ties in a couple of recent UK data privacy enforcement actions.
- Armstrong shouts out and rants about the fraudster Dr. Ruja Ignatova and her fraudulent crypto currency OneCoin.
- Karen Woody looks at it from the SEC perspective and reviews some additional remarks by SEC Chair Gensler on the topic.
- Karen shouts out to the TV show and pop culture phenomenon Succession.
- Jay Rosen discusses the speech from the monitorship perspective.
- Rosen shouts out to dads everywhere by honouring OBS, Odell Beckham, Sr. for getting his son out of Cleveland and to the LA Rams.
- Matt Kelly gives an overview of the speech and what it all means.
- Kelly has a shout out to People Magazine and Paul Ruud. The Mag named Ruud the ‘Sexiest Man in America for 2021’.
- Jonathan Marks talks about this speech will impact internal investigations.
- Marks continues his last rant about hotels. This time for booking him into an already occupied room.
- Tom Fox shouts out to the NFL Fashion Police for fining CeeDee Lamb over $15K for having his shirt tail out during a game while fining Aaron Rogers less than $15K for breaking Covid-19 protocols.
The members of the Everything Compliance team are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Karen Woody– One of the top academic experts on the SEC. Woody can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Armstrong–is our UK colleague, who is an experienced data privacy/data protection lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Marks is Partner, Firm Practice Leader – Global Forensic, Compliance & Integrity Services at Baker Tilly. Marks can be reached at email@example.com
Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784