Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance.
In this episode, we have the quartet of Karen Woody, Jonathan Armstrong, Matt Kelly and Jay Rosen.
We end as usual with the shout outs and rants.
You can listen to the podcast here http://compliancepodcastnetwork.net/episode-90-the-happy-holidays-edition/
- Karen Woody looks at a recent panel of two consisting of the current and most recent chair of the SEC, Gary Gensler and Jay Clayton respectively.
- Karen shouts out to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Jay Rosen considers telemedicine and telehealth coming out of the pandemic.
- Rosen rants about Tampa Bay receiver Antonio Brown who misrepresented his vaccination status by presenting a fraudulent shot card to the Bucs.
- Matt Kelly looks at recent imbroglios involving SPACs, their inherent conflicts of interest and corporate governance issues.
- Kelly has a Shout Out to the Women’s Tennis Association for their pulling their tennis tournaments out of China in the wake of the Chinese government’s treatment of Peng Shuai after she raised issues of sexual harassment against a high-ranking Party member.
- Jonathan Armstrong takes look at a recent UK data privacy enforcement action against the UK government due to the release of Personal Identifiable Information.
- Armstrong shouts out to the EU Public Prosecutors Office.
- Tom Fox has his first dual rant/shout out. He rants about MLB locking out the players, particularly the inanity of doing so during the offseason.
- He shouts out to Houston Chronicle sports columnist Brian Smith for editorializing that MLB should use this time to fix the game of baseball, instead of trying to simply save a few pennies.
The members of the Everything Compliance team are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Karen Woody– One of the top academic experts on the SEC. Woody can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Armstrong–is our UK colleague, who is an experienced data privacy/data protection lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Marks is Partner, Firm Practice Leader – Global Forensic, Compliance & Integrity Services at Baker Tilly. Marks can be reached at email@example.com
Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784