Welcome to the only award-winning roundtable podcast in compliance. Today, we are thrilled to have our newest panellist Karen Woody join us as a permanent panellist. The entire team was also thrilled to be honoured by W3 as a top talk show in podcasting.
You can listen to the podcast here http://compliancepodcastnetwork.net/episode-87-the-award-winning-edition/
We end with a veritable mélange of shouts outs and one epic rant.
- Jonathan Armstrong looks at whistleblowing in the EU. Jonathan talks about the LuxLeaks case. You can read Andre Bywater’s alert on this case here https://www.corderycompliance.com/lux-whistleblowing-echr-judgement/. Jonathan also talks about forthcoming changes to EU whistleblowing laws which we’ve covered in our film here https://bit.ly/euWBfilm. He shouts out to Emma Raducanu for her stunning win in the US Open this year
- Karen Woody talks about the ‘wild west’ of cryptocurrency and the regulatory environment growing up around it. Karen has a shout out domestic tourism in Brown County Indiana.
- Jay Rosen discusses the morally bankrupt culture at Facebook and how the company can begin to comeback from the abyss. Rosen shouts out to Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills for being one of the best teams in the NFL this season and advises long-suffering Bills fan Lisa Fine to ‘enjoy the ride’.
- Matt Kelly discusses the recent speech by SEC Director of Enforcement, Gurbir Grewal in which Grewal previewed an increase in penalties in enforcement by the SEC. Kelly shouts out to Kareem Abdul Jabbar for his evisceration of NBA players in general and Kyrie Irving in particular for their selfish attitudes in failing to get Covid vaccinations.
- Tom Fox rants about Waller County and its lack of criminal charges against drivers who intentionally or negligently run over cyclists.
The members of the Everything Compliance team are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Karen Woody– One of the top academic experts on the SEC. Woody can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Armstrong–is our UK colleague, who is an experienced data privacy/data protection lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Marks is Partner, Firm Practice Leader – Global Forensic, Compliance & Integrity Services at Baker Tilly. Marks can be reached at email@example.com
Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784