Jonathan Armstrong joins leading compliance experts in the US again in the latest Everything Compliance podcast.
This episode of Everything Compliance hosted as always by Tom Fox features commentary from Jay Rosen, Jonathan Armstrong, Jonathan Marks and special guest Mary Shirley.
You can listen to the podcast here: https://bit.ly/3gavDVD
- Jonathan Armstrong discusses the Amazon GDPR ‘whopping’ fine issued by the Luxemburg Data Protection Authority. He talks about eyeball rental and why it can get companies into GDPR hot water.
- Jonathan Marks considers the role of internal audit in investigations. Jonathan Marks explores the questions, when is enough, enough in an internal investigation and who should be on your triage team?
- Jay Rosen looks at the anticipated anti-trust policy issues and enforcement coming out of the Biden Administration. He recommends that if you want to do a M&A deal now is the time, don’t wait.
- Mary Shirley sits in as a special guest panelist to discuss the role of the CCO in the Activision/Blizzard sexual harassment matter. She wonders why Activision/Blizzard is now seeking a Director of Compliance and Ethics (and who would want it).
Rants and shout outs
- In a melancholy shout out, Jonathan Armstrong honours 1first responders to the Plymouth shooting in the UK and first responders in general.
- Jay Rosen shouts out to those attorneys at the Department of Justice and State AGs’ offices who stood up when Trump tried to steal the election.
- Mary Shirley rants about lessening of influence the CCO.
- Jonathan Marks rants about MLB creating a Field of Dreams game and then blacking out almost half of the country from watching it.
- Tom Fox shouts to Texas Governor Gregg Abbott who rewarded the energy industry so much they increased their campaign contributions to him.
Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784