Cordery helps manage the ever-increasing compliance burden.
Cordery provides innovative ways of helping General Counsel, compliance professionals and heads of legal across industries manage compliance. Our clients include major multinational corporations and we regularly interact with regulators on their behalf. We take our knowledge of the compliance world, and the expertise of seasoned compliance professionals, to design cutting-edge compliance solutions. We’re focused on creative solutions backed by a solid understanding of the regulatory regime.
Cordery is licensed by the Solicitors Regulation Authority in the UK as an Alternative Business Structure so that we can provide our solutions and services with the quality, confidentiality and legal privilege that clients value in managing compliance.
Solutions to Date
We’ve helped build different tools for different organisations to do different things. Some of those tools remain confidential but they include:
GDPR Readiness Tool
- In 2016 Cordery developed a beta version of a GDPR readiness tool. More than 200 organisations requested a report from the beta version of the tool. As a beta version it was not widely advertised.
- In 2017 Cordery granted a non-exclusive licence to use the GDPR readiness tool to a third party. Cordery was paid a development fee and a royalty based on use, and the third party developed technology to automate reports with design assistance from Cordery. The third party used the tool to qualify sales leads. More than 300 bespoke reports were produced by the revised system as part of the third party’s GDPR readiness campaign. The third party has gained increased awareness of its technology and won industry awards in part because of the role the readiness tool played.
Cordery Breach Navigator
- Data breaches are complex business events with far-reaching financial and reputational consequences. Managing incidents well and making the right decisions on risk and reporting requirements requires a great deal of expertise, discipline and support. Cordery Breach Navigator provides that expert guidance and support for organisations of all sizes.
- Cordery Breach Navigator is a powerful software tool that combines legal expertise with clever software to help DPOs, compliance officers and their teams deal with potential and actual data breaches in a consistent, informed manner using the very latest best-practice techniques. APIs afford easy integration with existing incident management or GRC platforms. This means that the singular intelligence and automation provided by Breach Navigator can easily augment and enhance any existing tools and processes.
- Cordery Breach Navigator’s decision engine is based on best practice that has been developed over years of working with regulators, compliance teams and law enforcement. It is informed by direct legal advisory engagement on over 80 live cases and enhanced through analysis of over a year’s worth of regulatory findings from the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK and Data Protection Authorities across Europe. This legal expertise allows the software to make consistent assessments of risk severity and reporting obligations and to suggest specific actions and remediation plans that have proven to be effective in cases that share similar attributes.
There is a short film on Cordery Breach Navigator here http://bit.ly/breachnavfilm.
Cordery GDPR Navigator
Cordery GDPR Navigator is an expansive set of resources and a community of peers to help companies comply with GDPR. It includes:
- Video briefings
- Written guides
- Policies and procedures
- Monthly calls to talk about the most significant developments in practical terms
We have produced a number of short briefings on a range of topics from our state of the art studio facilities. Our high quality, professionally produced videos are filmed in High Definition so they may be shown on a big screen but can also streamed on mobile devices.
- Quick introduction to the Regulation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Being a Data Protection Officer
- Information security and its critical role
- Dealing with a data breach
- Right to be forgotten
- Right to portability
- Profiling / Automated Processing
- Data Protection Impact Assessments: best practice and top tips
Our content can be streamed online or seamlessly integrated into a Learning Management System.
Cordery GDPR Navigator includes a series of clear and concise written guides explaining this changing area of law written by our legal experts:
- EU Data Protection FAQs
- Accountability and Audit
- Geographical reach
- Data Controller or Data Processor – what do these terms mean and which are you?
- Fine determination – work out what the consequences of a breach might be
- Appointing processors – how to reduce your risk
- One-stop-shop – determine who your regulator will be
- Binding Corporate Rules
- The Security Provisions of GDPR
- Glossary of Terms
- EU GDPR Articles Index
- Policies and Procedures
Templates and checklists relating to the most significant areas of change are presented in Microsoft WORD
- Subject Access Request Policy (Short form)
- Subject Access Request and Right to be forgotten procedure (with detailed guidance)
- Data breach procedure
- Data breach log
- Consent – how to deal with the new regime
- Privacy Notice Checklist
- Data Protection Officer job description and role profile
Cordery Compliance Policy Library
A collection of handpicked compliance policies immediately available for GCs and compliance professionals to tailor for their businesses.
- 17 key compliance policies
- Up-to-date precedents
- Save hours of drafting time
Bespoke Audit Tool for Fortune 50 Entity
Cordery helped develop a bespoke GDPR audit tool for a Fortune 50 entity. Cordery developed the methodology, content and scoring mechanism, and the tool was developed by the corporation’s in-house team to enable senior management to have full visibility of the level of compliance across the entity’s many divisions and geographical locations. The tool is now used by the organisation’s internal audit function for annual compliance reviews.
Training Products Review
Cordery regularly reviews training products produced by third parties for sales to major corporations. It is important that those reviews are robust since the content of the training materials is frequently reviewed by our clients’ customer base – including sophisticated purchasers.
Cordery is working with an industry body to produce a cross-industry strategy to agree how the industry goes through significant change in part due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Cordery’s brief is to look at creative solutions with an attempt to build consensus in solving problems which the industry acknowledges have existed for more than 170 years. Cordery’s team includes a leading graphic design agency who is engaged to help Cordery explain new concepts which Cordery has developed.
Cordery helped develop creative solutions to a number of compliance issues for a major global manufacturer. This included reframing its whistle-blower processes and procedures after a regulatory investigation. A lot of Cordery’s work included the design work around the new helpline and successfully presenting the changes to the regulator.
Bespoke Assurance Tool for a US Technology Business
Cordery developed an assurance tool dealing with data security, GDPR and other legislative obligations and then applied the tool to the business as an assurance review. Potential customers were given access to parts of the tool and the review to reduce enquiries and increase business.
We’ve worked in a number of different ways to develop products or solutions and we’re flexible on the pricing arrangement. This could include working on a fixed fee or royalty basis. To find out more information about using Cordery Labs to help you develop your compliance, or to develop a tool to sell to others please contact email@example.com