Members of the Cordery team have had extensive experience advising on the issues relating to the automotive industry. Projects include:
- Data protection advice to car manufacturers on a wide range of issues;
- Advising an IP development company on the legality of number plate masking technology;
- Advising a car manufacturer on the compliance issues in geo-location and issues relating to speed camera identification in Europe;
- Advising a large car manufacturer on their program to stamp out corruption amongst their dealerships. The project involved advice to nominee directors on the boards of more than 50 corporate entities;
- Managing an investigation into social media posts threatening serious harm to the executive of a car manufacturer and his children;
- Assisting in the investigations of whistleblower claims made in connection with alleged corruption in dealer and vehicle allocation;
- Advised on an EU merger filing for a European bus and lorry/truck manufacturer.