In this short film Cordery’s Jonathan Armstrong gives 5 quick predictions for compliance in 2022. Jonathan’s 5 themes are: 1.
- GDPR & cookies – 2021 was the year when GDPR enforcement broke all records with more than €1bn in fines levied. 2022 has already seen activity too with France announcing cookies fines of €210m (see https://bit.ly/cookiefr). Jonathan predicts that, despite appeals against GDPR fines, 2022 will be another big year for enforcement with transparency being key.
- Ransomware – again December 2021 looks to have been the busiest on record. Ransomware won’t go away in 2022 and Jonathan predicts a rise in synthetic ransomware too. You can read some recent thoughts from Jonathan on the Blackbaud ransomware attack here https://bit.ly/blackbaudr
- Litgation after compliance events – Jonathan predicts no real let up in data breach litigation and predicts a rise in follow-on litigation after bribery investigations. You can find out more about data breach litigation in our recent film on YouTube here https://bit.ly/classactionfilm
- Whistleblowing – Jonathan talks of the increase in whistleblowing following on from the EU Whistleblowing Directive. There are some FAQs on the Directive here https://bit.ly/euwhistle
- Supply chain compliance – this will include managing risk in your supply chain. Due diligence will be key. ESG & modern slavery will be a special concern.
You can find out more by watching this recent film with Jonathan, Roy Snell & Ty Francis MBE discussing ESG and compliance Roy Snell & Ty Francis MBE on ESG & Compliance (corderycompliance.com)
You can find out more about here https://www.corderycompliance.com/our-people/jonathan-armstrong/.
You can view more Cordery films on a variety of compliance topics here http://bit.ly/corderytv.