The EU has changed its data protection rules. These new rules are called the General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR). Businesses should prepare now as the significant changes go well beyond an upgrade. Many deals signed today will be covered by the new rules and most businesses will need to start preparing now to be ready in time.
Cordery GDPR NavigatorTM is an expansive set of resources and a community of peers to help companies get ready to face possibly their biggest compliance project of the next few years. Your subscription will provide regular updates and the chance to shape future content.
- Video briefings
- Written guides
- Policies and procedures
- Networking with your peers
We have produced a number of short briefings on a range of topics from our state of the art studio facilities. Our high quality, professionally produced videos are filmed in High Definition so they may be shown on a big screen but can also streamed on mobile devices. You may choose to use the briefings as part of an internal training programme.
- Quick introduction to the Regulation (watch here)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Being a Data Protection Officer
- Information security and its critical role
- Dealing with a data breach
- Right to be forgotten
- Right to portability
- Profiling / Automated Processing
- Privacy Impact Assessments: best practice and top tips
Our content can be streamed online or seamlessly integrated into your Learning Management System. Alternatively we can work with partner organisations and their platforms to deliver an all-in-one package.
Cordery GDPR NavigatorTM includes a series of clear and concise written guides explaining this changing area of law written by our legal experts:-
- EU Data Protection FAQs (download a pdf version here)
- Accountability and Audit
- Geographical reach
- Data Controller or Data Processor – what do these terms mean and which are you?
- Fine determination – work out what the consequences of a breach might be
- Appointing processors – how to reduce your risk
- One-stop-shop – determine who your regulator will be
- Binding Corporate Rules
- The security provisions of GDPR
- Glossary of terms
- EU GDPR Articles Index
Policies and procedures
Templates relating to the most significant areas of change are presented in Microsoft WORD ready for you to tailor to suit your company’s policies, procedures and circumstances:-
- Subject Access Request Policy (Short form)
- Subject Access Request and Right to be forgotten procedure (with detailed guidance)
- Data breach procedure
- Data breach log
- Consent – how to deal with the new regime
- Privacy Notice Checklist
- Data Protection Officer job description and role profile
Networking with your peers
You’ll have the chance to join a regular teleconference with other companies who are part of the Cordery GDPR NavigatorTM community. Each teleconference will look at progress with implementing the Regulation. In addition we will focus in on a different aspect of the new rules each month. There will also be a chance to benchmark what you are doing with others in a safe environment. The teleconference will take place at a time to accommodate participants joining from the US and Europe.
Contact us to find out more.