Making sure an organisation’s social media presence complies with the law is an increasingly important part of today’s business environment.
In most countries advertising and fair trading laws apply to social media in the same way they cover any other business channel. It is often more challenging to comply with the rules however in a 140 character tweet or a short engaging facebook or LinkedIn post.
Our team has experience of advising on the challenges of social media. Recent projects include:-
- working with social media operators to remove threatening content compromising our client’s employees’ security.
- training employees of a pharmaceutical company on their use of social media.
- developing social media crisis plans.
- training doctors and health professionals on social media risk.
- working with fashion industry clients on their samples strategy to encourage bloggers to be transparent when posting.
In addition to our legal and training work Cordery’s lawyers have access to the industry-leading monitoring and reporting resources of LexisNexis UK. We can monitor your social media presence and look out for adverse content from others to make sure you get advanced warning of a problem.