Cordery Compliance Limited, trading as Cordery, has its registered office at Lexis House, 30 Farringdon Street, London, EC4A 4HH, United Kingdom. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK under registration number ZA042607.
This policy applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our website;
- people who contact us through our website; and
- people whose personal data is sent to us in any other way.
What do we collect?
- When you contact us through our website we collect the following personal information from you:
- email address and
- telephone number
You can also send other personal information by email or by adding text to the form on our website.
- Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies) which we will add to the information which we already hold about you in order to help us provide our services.
- We may also collect and process information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies) which we will add to the information which we already hold about you in order to help us provide our services.
- In addition, we may process the following:
- Location information (including GPS signals sent by a mobile device, location information gathered from social media networks or sensor or IP address data from your device);
- We send some emails using software provided to us by Vuture, and that software integrates with software provided to us by LexisNexis Enterprise Solutions. You can find out more details of Vuture and LexisNexis Enterprise Solutions, their privacy policies and how their software works at www.vutu.re and at www.lexisnexis-es.co.uk;
- Information from cookies, web beacons or from the internet, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times, which pages you visit within our website and referring website addresses. You can find out more about how we do that in our Cookies Policy;
- If you ask us to connect with other sites (for example if you ask us to connect with your Facebook account) we may get information that way too;
- CCTV – if you visit our offices we may use CCTV on our premises. We may also have access to CCTV, visitor logging systems and other systems operated by our landlord, RELX Group, or its subsidiaries; and
- We may record any telephone calls for quality assurance, compliance and training purposes.
- In common with other solicitors firms we may also process data sent to us by our clients or by third parties (such as our client’s opponents in litigation). We ask our clients to only send us data which is appropriate and to make sure that they have a lawful means of sending that data to us which allows us to lawfully process that data.
How we will use the information about you?
- We gather information from our website to allow us to answer any enquiries you raise with us through our website. The relevant information is then used by us to communicate with you. If you agree, we may also contact you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website use in order to help us develop our website and our services. We may also provide this aggregate information to third parties.
- Similarly, when we send emails to you we may use statistics on the emails we have sent, whether you had read them and other information which we find relevant.
- We may need to share data for legal or compliance purposes. This may include sharing your information with the ICO or our professional regulator, the SRA. We may also process your data to protect our business or our people or to enforce our legal rights.
We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other service we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please simply email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
Applying for a job online
- If you use the website to apply to work with us, we will use the information you supply to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics. We may transfer your details outside of your home country and to other companies we work with. We ask others, including RELX (UK) Limited to help us recruit people. RELX has joined the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework which is designed to allow personal data to be transferred from the EU to be processed by a company in the United States provided that they observe the terms of the Framework. More information about the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework is available at http://www.corderycompliance.com/privacy-shield-faqs/.
- Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for up to 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. We retain de-personalised statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but individuals should not be identifiable from that data. Once a person has taken up employment with us, we will compile a file relating to their employment. At that stage we will give more details about how we hold employee data and we will expect the employee to sign up to additional privacy terms as part of their employment.
Cookies and other information-gathering technologies
- For more information on which cookies we use and how we use them, see our Cookies Policy.
- We use a third party service, WordPress.com, to help with some of the content on our website. WordPress is run by Automattic Inc. WordPress may collect anonymous information about users’ activity on the site, for example the number of users viewing pages on the site, to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the site and help improve it. WordPress may require you to enter a name and email address (for example to make a comment where a page has that functionality). For more information about how WordPress processes data, please see Automattic’s privacy notice.
- We use PowWow Creative Ltd to host some parts of our website and to help us maintain it. You can find our more about them at www.powwowcreative.co.uk.
- Cordery has a presence on social media including on Twitter and LinkedIn. You can visit these sites for details of their privacy policies. The news section of our website has buttons which allow you to share our content on social media. Again, do read their privacy policies to see what that sharing includes.
In common with many other businesses we use VOIP technology when you call us or when we call you. You can find out more about VOIP here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_over_IP. Since your call will be relayed via the internet we can’t control where your data is processed. Our VOIP services are managed on our behalf by RELX Group at 2 sites based in the US which are located in Miamisburg, OH and Springfield, OH. If you would prefer not to use VOIP you can call any of our team on their mobile phones.
How we protect your information
We have put in place security procedures and technical and organisational measures designed to help safeguard your personal information. We will use what we consider to be reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet (and VOIP) is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you.
Special rules relating to GDPR Readiness Test
- SurveyMonkey has historically relied on the EU-US Safe Harbor scheme to transfer your data. The European Court has ruled that Safe Harbor is not sufficient protection, on its own, for data transferred from Europe to the US. You can see our alerts on the issue here –http://www.corderycompliance.com/privacy-shield-faqs/.
Access to your information and updating and correcting your information
- You may have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com or send a letter to Mark Dyke, Cordery, Lexis House, 30 Farringdon Street, London, EC4A 4HH, United Kingdom. We may make a small charge for this service where that is legally permitted.
- We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Cordery changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Mark Dyke, Cordery, Lexis House, 30 Farringdon Street, London, EC4A 4HH, United Kingdom. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate or not up to date, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
- To the extent permitted by the law you have the right to access, erase, correct, delete or object to the processing of the personal data collected about you subject to some conditions and exceptions. You may also have the right of data portability and other data subject rights. You can find more about those rights in the EU by reading the General Data Protection Regulation available at http://www.eugdpr.org/the-regulation.html. Our glossary also has information on some of these rights.
- As mentioned earlier, you have the right to opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time even if you have chosen to opt-in on an earlier occasion.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO. You can contact the ICO at www.ico.org.uk.
- Cordery is committed to respecting all of the above rights in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. If you wish to inquire about any of those rights or have any concern, please contact us immediately using the contact details below. We will respond to any of your inquiries or concerns as soon as possible and in any case within 1 month of receipt of the request as per Art 12(3) GDPR.
How to contact Cordery
Links to other websites