Cordery Compliance Limited, trading as Cordery, has its registered office at Lexis House, 30 Farringdon Street, London, EC4A 4HH, United Kingdom.
This Policy applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our website;
- people who contact us through our website; and
- people who submit their personal data to us in any other way.
1. The information we collect about you
- When you contact us through our website we collect the following personal information from you:
- email address and
- telephone number
- Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies) which we will add to the information which we already hold about you in order to help us provide our services.
- We may also collect and process information obtained through our website or the device you are using:
- location information (including GPS signals sent by a mobile device, location information gathered from social media networks or sensor or IP address data from your device);
- information from cookies, web beacons or from the internet, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times, which pages you visit within our website and referring website addresses. You can find out more about how we do that in our Cookies Policy;
- if you ask us to connect with other sites (for example if you ask us to connect with your Facebook account) we may get information that way too; and
- we may record any telephone calls for quality assurance and training purposes.
2. How we will use the information about you
- We gather this information to allow us to answer any enquiries you raise with us through our website. The relevant information is then used by us to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your instructions in general. If you agree, we may also contact you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us to develop our website and our services. We may also provide aggregate information to third parties.
- We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other service we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
4. Applying for a job online
- If you use the website to apply to work with us, we will use the information you supply to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics. We may transfer your details outside of your home country and to other companies we work with. We ask others, including RELX (UK) Limited to help us recruit people. RELX has joined the EU-U.S Privacy Shield Framework which is designed to allow personal data to be transferred from the EU to be processed by a company in the United States provided that they observe the terms of the Framework. Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for up to 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. We retain de-personalized statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but individuals should not be identifiable from that data. Once a person has taken up employment with us, we will compile a file relating to their employment. At that stage we will give more details about how we hold employee data and we will expect the employee to sign up to additional privacy terms as part of their employment.
5. Cookies and other information-gathering technologies
- For more information on which cookies we use and how we use them, see our Cookies Policy.
- We use a third party service, WordPress.com, to help with some of the content on our website. WordPress is run by Automattic Inc. WordPress may collect anonymous information about users’ activity on the site, for example the number of users viewing pages on the site, to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the site and help improve it. WordPress may require you to enter a name and email address (for example to make a comment where a page has that functionality). For more information about how WordPress processes data, please see Automattic’s privacy notice.
6. How we protect your information
- We have put in place security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information. We will use what we consider to be reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
7. Special rules relating to GDPR Readiness Test
- SurveyMonkey has historically relied on the EU-US Safe Harbor scheme to transfer your data. The European Court has ruled that Safe Harbor is not sufficient protection, on its own, for data transferred from Europe to the US. You can see our alerts on the issue here
8. Access to your information and updating and correcting you information
- You may have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com or send a letter to Mark Dyke, Cordery, Lexis House, 30 Farringdon Street, London, EC4A 4HH, United Kingdom. We may make a small charge for this service where permitted by law.
- We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Cordery changes, for example, if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Mark Dyke, Cordery, Lexis House, 30 Farringdon Street, London, EC4A 4HH, United Kingdom. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
9. Your consent
- By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this Policy.
11. How to contact Cordery
12. Links to other websites