- Of Counsel
- E: email@example.com
- T: +44 (0) 207 075 1787
Mourad Greiss is a commercial lawyer with particular focus on compliance issues including, data protection and litigation. He has experience working in private practice and as an in-house counsel in leading practices and organisations. He brings to the practice expertise working across a wide range of sectors including technology, construction, manufacturing, retail and healthcare.
Mourad was admitted as a Lawyer in Egypt in January 2003. He then moved to the UK in 2005 where he completed an LLM and PhD at the University of Sussex and practised as a Registered Foreign Lawyer for a number of years before being admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales in January 2018. He is a native Arabic speaker.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Agreements
- Data Protection
- Information Technology
- Delivered advice and drafted internal policies and procedures required to meet GDPR standards for a leading architecture, design and planning client;
- Drafted marketing questionnaires and provided GDPR advice on the legal treatment of special categories of personal data for healthcare, chemical and biotech clients;
- Delivered GDPR advice and drafted data processing agreements to clients operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors;
- Drafted international data transfer agreements (including intra-group data transfer agreements) and provided advice on several aspects including EU-US Privacy Shield and the protection afforded for clients operating in the manufacturing and professional services industries;
- Drafted global privacy policies and terms of business in accordance with GDPR standards and delivered advice on a range of matters including consent and data subject rights for retail and technology clients;
- Delivered advice on various substantive and procedural GDPR matters including data protection officer appointment, data storage and retention policies, technical and organisational measures, data subjects accessibility rights and renewed consents for fashion designer and financial services clients.
- England & Wales (2018)
- Egypt (2003)
- Cubism Law, London, United Kingdom – Consultant, 2015 – Current
- SEJR Ltd (Member of Vovan & Associés), London, United Kingdom – Legal Consultant, 2011 – 2015
- EZDK Steel UK Ltd (Subsidiary of EZZ Steel PLC), London, United Kingdom – Int’l Trade and Competition Counsel, 2007 – 2011
- Department of Public Prosecution, Cairo, Egypt – Deputy Public Prosecutor, 2004 – 2005
- Zaki Hashem & Partners, Cairo, Egypt – Associate, 2002 – 2004
- British American Tobacco, Cairo, Egypt – Marketing Representative, 2001
- Kaplan QLTS, London, United Kingdom, Qualified Lawyers Transfer Assessments, 2016 – 2017
- University of Sussex, United Kingdom, PhD in Competition Law, 2007 – 2011
- University of Sussex, United Kingdom, LLM in European and Int’l Trade Law, 2005 – 2006
- University of Cairo, LLB Law, Cairo, Egypt, 1998 – 2002
- Co-author (2018) “The GDPR Data Security Rules: A Practical Insight” Compliance & Ethics Professional Magazine, The Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics;
- Author (2017) “Enforcing Abuse of Dominance under a Sharia-compliant Competition Law: A Consumer Welfare Approach? Implications for MENA Competition Authorities” Global Competition Litigation Review, Sweet & Maxwell, Thomson Reuters
- Author (2010) “Investigative Powers of the Egyptian Competition Authority: A Guide for Companies in the Egyptian Market” European Competition Law Review, Sweet & Maxwell, Thomson Reuters
- Co-author (2007) “Examining the Deep Integration Aspects of the EU-South Mediterranean Countries: Comparing the Barcelona Process and Neighbourhood Policy, the Case of Egypt” Femise Research Programme, Project supported by the EU Commission
- Mourad speaks at conferences and participates in workshops addressing developments in compliance, data protection and litigation. He also provides training for Organisations of various shapes and sizes.