In this episode Jonathan Armstrong and Tom Fox reflect on some of the themes that have emerged in the nearly six months since GDPR has gone live. Jonathan has traveled literally across the globe to work on data protection/data privacy matters and has been able to talk to a wide variety of those impacted by GDPR, from regulators in Europe to companies in America.
Some of the highlights are:
- What questions are clients raising over the past few months?
- Have the regulators moved in any surprising ways?
- Regulators are reporting high numbers of data breaches and privacy complaints.
- There are over 100 cross-border cases under investigation.
- There is a Pan-EU investigation of Uber on data privacy.
- The Aggregate IQ case-does GDPR apply to a Canadian company for data in Canada?
There is more background on the podcast on Tom Fox’s website ‘FCPA Compliance & Ethics’ here
Visit Cordery GDPR Navigator, which provides a wealth of information to utilize in your data privacy compliance program.
Find out about our highly successful Data Breach Academy here
For more information please contact Jonathan Armstrong who is a London-based lawyer with Cordery where his focus is on compliance issues
Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784