This episode, Tom Fox stands in for Mike Volkov who is on assignment.
- Jonathan Armstrong discusses a recent presentation he saw by the OECD on some of the key and current numbers on the global fight against bribery and corruption. Jonathan shouts out to Nicola Howard QC for her work on DPAs in the UK and the British Airways for its pizza delivery service from London to Lagos.
- Matt Kelly details the recent SEC whistleblower award to two individuals of $50MM. There were multiple claimants and the award detailed what the SEC values in terms of information. He also discusses the award in the context of the Trump administration’s attempt to gut the SEC whistleblower program. Matt rants on the unqualified Trump nominee for the Fed, Stephen Moore.
- Jay Rosen talks about how the #MeToo continues to resonate in Hollywood as yet another studio executive is forced to resign. This time the scandal is not about power over another but about the conflicts which arise when some in a relationship uses his power to promote his paramour over others. It is also about how the studio internal investigations continue to clear the studio execs of any wrongdoing. Jay shouts out to Matt Kelly for attending the SCCE Regional event in Boston.
- Tom Fox, sitting in for Mike Volkov discusses a compliance-based solution to help manage the opioid crisis. He shouts out to (now) former Wells Fargo CEO Tim Sloan for admitting the abysmal job he did in the wake of the fraudulent account scandal by resigning and rants on Wells Fargo which cannot seem to move beyond the scandal.
The members of the Everything Compliance panel are:
- Jay Rosen– Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Jay can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov– One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Mike can be reached at email@example.com.
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Matt can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Armstrong– Rounding out the panel is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Jonathan can be reached at email@example.com
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Compliance Evangelist. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network.
Office: +44 (0)207 075 1784